Friday, 26 July 2013

~MY HERO~

Here's my second story.. Enjoy~~




THE SKY looked bright that night. The moon stood still and the stars were glowing around it. It was a beautiful night. The dojo was empty. Except for one boy who was standing on the blue mat on the floor. He did nothing. Just standing there like a statue. Earlier that day, an important tournament had been held in the dojo. A tournament that decided who would hold the next great karate worrior title. just a few hours ago, the dojo was the noisiest place in town, but now it was the most silence one.
He exhaled his breath. He took a few steps outside the dojo before lying on the grass soundlessly. He stared at the moon like it was about to fall from the sky.
“That is such a beautiful moon. Don’t you think it’s too big for you?” he shocked. He sat up and looked behind. A very familiar man with a bright skin and a blonde hair smiled at him. He smiled back.
“Sorry Edd. I didn’t notice you’re standing there.” He said. Eddy took his place next to the boy who was 11 years younger than him.
“So, what happen to you?” asked Eddy. The boy smiled awkwardly.
“What are you talking about?” “I know there’s something wrong with you. You are not like the boy I used to know these past 8 years.” “Nah, I’m fine. What makes you say that?”
“Come on, Danny. You just won the biggest karate tournament in this country. Isn’t that what you have been dreaming for in your whole life? You were so excited to win that tournament. And now, when you got what you want, you didn’t seem to feel happy about it.” “Don’t worry Edd. Of course I’m happy. I’m the best karate worrior in this country. I just have a little problem, that’s all, and it is my personal problem.” Danny stood up. Along with Eddy. “I don’t know what your problem is, but, try to forget about it today and enjoy your victory, okay?” Eddy put his hand on Danny’s shoulder and smile. Danny nodded.
“Thanks, Sensei. I think, I’d better get going now. See you tomorrow.” He then walked slowly leaving the dojo and went straight back to his house.

“THAT’S odd, it’s still early.” His house was dark. Just like a blackout. But, it was not a blackout. It was odd if his parent already asleep. It’s just 8.30 p.m. danny reached for the door knob and opened the door in front of him. He tried to find the light’s sources. He reached for the switch and activated it.
“SURPRISE!! Congratulations Danny!!!” everyone was there. Included Eddy. How did he get here so fast? Never mind that. His parents and friends were throwing a big surprise party for him. Just to congratulate him on winning the karate tournament. He smiled. At least, now he was happy. He looked at his best friends from the dojo one by one. There’s Lucy, Frank, Brad, Shane and Jimmy. There are also his classmates. All of them.
“My son… I’m so proud of you..” Kate Edmund, Danny’s mother embraced him with so much love and proud. While was still in the embrace, he stared at his father, Jack Edmund, who was standing against the wall. Jack just smiled at him and nodded. He smiled back.
“Come, Danny. I make your favorite chicken.” Kate tried to pull Danny to the kitchen table but he refused.
“You go ahead mom. You too guys. I want to get change first. I’ll be right back.” Kate then nodded before Danny makes his way to his room, up stair.
“Okay, guys. Let’s eat. Come..”

AFTER changing to a clean clothes, Danny walked towards his room’s balcony. He stared at a thumb drive in his hand. “What should I do now?”

AFTER finished his karate practice that evening, he walked home alone. That day, he didn’t take his usual path. He took a shortcut through an ally in his neighborhood. He didn’t know why, but he felt strange. “Give us the damn thumb drive!!” “No!! Never!!” Danny shocked. He ran towards the voices and hide behind a wall.
There were two men. They were beating a guy in a suit. The suit guy was badly injured, but, the two men didn’t show any mercy. They were just beating the guy while saying the same sentence. “Give us the damn thumb drive!” “Even if you kill me, I will never give it to you!”
“That’s it! I’ve had enough with you!” one of the men pulled out a knife and before he could do anything, the knife was already inside his chest. He was breathing hardly. Both of his hands held his injured chest.
“Search him!” the other man nodded and started to search something in the guy’s clothes.
“Hey! Stop that!!” someone shouted at them. The other man stopped searching the guy. The man with the knife step forward. “who are you, kid? What are you doing here?” he asked.
“I saw what you did to the guy. Let him go!” the knife man laughed. His friend too. “You saw everything? And that’s means; we can’t let you alive, kid.” Before Danny could say anything, the knife man attacked him with his knife. Thanked god he knew karate for almost 8 years. He beated up both of them. “You’ll never get away, brat! You better be ready for us!” said one of the men before they ran away with bruises and wounds. Danny kneed down. the injured guy seems to slowly lost consciousness. “Hey! Mister? Are you alright? Mister! Stay with me! I’ll get you to the hospital!” Danny was about to take his cell phone out, but the guy stopped him. He reached for Danny’s hand and put something on his hand. A blue thumb drive. “Keep… i..it.. s… safe…” after a few words, he was gone. No more breath came out from his nose and no more beats came out from his chest. he died. A guy just died in front of him.

“DANNY? May I come in?” his flashback was cut off by someone voice. He looked at a girl standing at his opened door. “Lucy? What are you doing here? You supposed to be down stair, with everyone.”
“No. you should be down there. it’s your party. Not mine.” She said with an annoy voice.
“Ow.. s.. sorry..” “Danny, what is wrong with you? What happen? You didn’t seem like Danny I used to know.” Danny chuckled. It was like a copy paste sentence. He heard it from Eddy an hour ago.
“Nothing is wrong with me, Lucy. I’m fine. Maybe I’m just tired. You know, tired of kicking butt a few hours ago.”  Lucy giggled. At least, she heard him chuckled. But she wanted to see his grin. His trademark grin.
“Eddy told me that you have a personal problem.” “Ah, Eddy is such a big mouth.” Lucy chuckled. “Listen. I don’t know what your problem is and it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. But, if you need someone to trust to or depend on to… just remember, that I will always be there for you. And I’ll try my best to help you…” Danny smiled. He really loved this girl. From all the girls that chased him at school, Lucy was the only one that sticks in his heart. Although, he hide his feeling from her, but Brad knew about it.
“Thanks Lucy. I will tell you, but, not now…” he said. Lucy nodded before pull Danny’s hand.
“Hey, where are we going?” “Down of course. Everyone’s waiting for you.” “Oh, o..okay..”

EVERYONE in the Dojo seems to have so much energy. Their sensei, Eddy, teach them another karate technique. “Yes, very good guys. You guys are very fast learner.” He said. “Of course we are. We want to be karate master like you, sensei.” Frank said. “Hey Edd, would you teach me how to do a back flip?” asked Brad. “Of course, watch and learn.” Eddy jumped and makes a perfect back flip. Everyone was amazed. “Woa, you’re great, Sensei.” Praised Jimmy.
“Hey, Lucy. Got a sec?” Danny whispered to Lucy’s ear. Lucy nodded.
“Hey, Edd. We catch up with you guys later.” Danny said before pulled Lucy out to a cafĂ© near the Dojo. They sat on a table that was far from others.
“I need to tell you something.” Danny started his conversation. “Sure. What is it?”
“Lucy, my life is in a grave danger.” Danny’s words really shocked Lucy. “What are you saying? Someone want to kill you or something?” Danny nodded. “So, that’s what bothering you yesterday?” Danny nodded again. “But, who?” Danny looked around. Made sure that no one heard them. “The day before the tournament, I witnessed a murdered incident.” “What?” “Shhh…” Danny put his index finger on Lucy’s lip. “you see, I didn’t took my usual path that day. I walked through in an ally. That’s where I saw two guys were beating a guy in a suit. When they stabbed him with a knife, I came out from my hiding place and beat them up. Before they gone, they said that, I better be ready for them. before the guy in the suit died, he gave me this.” Danny pulled out a blue thumb drive from his pocket and gave it to Lucy.
“A thumb drive?” “Yes. He told me to keep it safe.” “What is in it?” “I don’t know…” lucy then smiled. “Let’s find out.” That made Danny smiled too. “Okay.” 

“HI MRS STACY..” Danny followed Lucy inside her house before greet Lucy’s mother, Jasmine Stacy. “Oh, hi Danny boy. Congratulations on winning the karate tournament yesterday. You’re so cool back then.” Said Jasmine with huge smile on her face. She had known Danny, since the boy was still 7 years old. That was when Danny started to move in around her neighborhood. Danny and Lucy had been a best friend since then. “Ow, thanks Mrs. Stacy.” “Okay now mom. We’re going upstairs now. I’m in my room if you need me.” Said Lucy while pulling Danny’s hand. “Okay, just don’t break anything..” Danny chuckled.
Lucy turn on her laptop. Danny sat beside her. Her room didn’t change a bit since his first visit to her room 10 years ago. “So, what do we have here…” Lucy put the thumb drive inside the U.S.B hole at the side of the laptop. She moved the laptop mouse and click on a folder on the laptop’s screen. “Secret?” Danny read the word that was written under the folder. “Click it.” He said. Lucy did what she had been told. Inside the folder, there was a blueprint of a weapon. “What is this?” Asked Lucy. “I think it’s a weapon.” “So, that’s why the bad guys after it. It contains the blueprint of a weapon.” Danny nodded. “see this.. this blueprint belongs to F.B.I. so the guy that gave me this thumb drive was an F.B.I agent.” He said. “Danny, I think you just got involved in a serious criminal case.” “What should I do now, Lucy? Should we go to the police?” “Yeah, I think we should.” “We’ll go tomorrow, okay?” Lucy nodded. “For now, I think we should get back to the Dojo. Maybe everyone is waiting for us. We‘ll celebrating your victory, remember?” “Oh yeah, let’s go..” “You’ll go first. I’ll catch up with you later. I need to go to the bathroom.” “Yeah, sure.”

“DANNY, where’s Lucy?” asked Eddy when Danny arrived at the Dojo. “Oh, she’s at her house. You know, lady’s business.” Eddy just nodded. Danny’s phone rang making everyone looking at him. ‘Unknown number’. “Hello, Danny’s here.” “Danny… come… quicklly!!” hey, he knew the voice. It belongs to Lucy’s mother. “Mrs. Stacy? What’s wrong?” “Come here!! Quick!!” her voice was cut off.  Danny stared at his cell phone. “What wrong, Danny?” asked Shane. “I don’t know, but I have a bad feeling about this.” A second later, he ran out of the Dojo and straight to Lucy’s house. Eddy, Brad, Shane, Frank and Jimmy followed him from behind. Lucy’s house seems empty. But the door was wide open. Danny just burst into the house and find out that everything in the house was not in its place. “What happened here?”asked Brad. “Don’t know. It’s still normal when I left this place. Lucy!! Mrs. Stacy!! Where are you?!?!” silence. No answer. “Where are they?” Asked Shane. “Danny!! Come here!” Danny ran towards the kitchen, where Eddy was standing. “Mrs. Stacy!!” a woman was lying on the floor, unconscious. Danny listened to her heartbeat. “Thank goodness, she still alive. Brad, call for an ambulance and police too.” Brad did what he’d been told. Danny went to the living room before climb the stairs to Lucy’s room. Her room was the same as the living room. Looks like Lucy had some fight with someone in this room. Danny looked around. His eyes stopped at a small piece of paper lying down on the floor. It was a note that says; ‘We have your girl. Come alone to the old building at the other side of the town. Bring the thumb drive with you. If you call the police, or bring someone with you, we’ll blow up your precious girlfriend.’ “Damn it!!” Danny torn the piece of paper into smaller pieces and throw it away. After a short thinking, he ran downstairs. “Hey, Danny.. where are you going?” Asked Frank. Danny didn’t answered him. He just ran out from the house and search for a cab.

HE arrived at an old building. There were trees and ruins around the building. It must been so old. Danny walked slowly inside the building. There’s no one there. “I’m here!! Where are you?!?!” he shouted. His questions was answered by a laugh from the second floor of the building. Then, an old man that was not so old, sitting on a wheelchair with cigarette in his mouth appeared on the second floor. Then a few ugly and strong guys appeared behind him and also in front of Danny. “Who are you and what have you done with Lucy?” his voice was not so loud but full of anger. “Don’t worry, your girl is safe… of course, for now..” he laugh again. “What kind of criminal are you sitting on a wheelchair…” “That’s none of your business, brat. Now, did you bring me the thumb drive?” Danny pulled out a blue thumb drive from his pocket and showed it to the wheelchair man. “Great. Give it to the guy in front of you.” Danny did what he had been told. He threw the thumb drive to a guy in front of him.
“Where is Lucy?” he asked. The other guy brought Lucy who was tied up and with the wheelchair man command, he threw her to Danny. “Lucy?!? Are you alright?”  Danny untied Lucy’s hand. “Yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” “Oh, thank goodness you alright.” Danny looked at the wheelchair man. “Can we go now?” he asked. “Not before we confirm that you are giving us the right thumb drive.” He said. Danny exhaled his breath. “Shit.. Lucy, get ready.” “What? Why?” Danny didn’t answered her.
“Sir, it’s a fake.” Said the guy with the computer. “What?!?! How dare you brat! You fooled us?” Danny smiled. “That’s what you get for trusting a brat like me.” “Kill them!!” all of the guys step forward and tried to hit them. with their karate experience, the beat them up. Although they were great at karate, but with so many enemies, they got injured. But, they beat them up one by one. “Oh, that’s it. I had enough of you.” The wheelchair man pulled out a gun and shoot at Danny. The bullet went straight on Danny’s shoulder. That made Danny fell on his knees. “Danny!!” Lucy tried to help Danny but she was stopped by the bad guys. Another bullet was released. But, not from the wheelchair man. It was from a police officer that burst into the old building. “You are under arrested for kidnapping, murdering and selling illegal weapons in the black market, Johny Dronbolt!” he said. The other police officers came in and arrested all of the bad guys included their boss, the wheelchair man, Johny Dronbolt. Lucy ran to Danny and embraced him tight. “Danny, are you okay? Stay with me!!” but Danny lose so much blood. His view became darker and darker. All he could see was Lucy’s face , an angel face spoke to him. He smiled. “I… l… love… y..you.. you… Lu..cy.” then, everything went black.

HE opened his eyes a few times because of the bright light in front of him. “Aahh, what happen?” he asked with a weak voice. “Don’t worry, you just got shoot on your shoulder. Nothing serious than that.” Said one sweet voice. Danny looked at the voice owner. “Lucy? Lucy! Are you alright? Are you hurt?” he asked. Not as weak as before. Lucy giggled. “No, I’m fine, Danny. Don’t worry about me.” “Oh, good.” Then, he remembered something. “Did I said anything, while I was unconscious?” he asked. “no, but you did say something before you lose your consciousness.” Danny shocked. “What did I say?” he remembered, but he just wanted to make sure that he said the right thing. “You said that… that… you love me… is that true?” Danny blushed. “Danny!! You’re awake!! That’s a relieve..” Eddy burst into the room along with Frank, Brad, Shane and Jimmy. ‘Eddy, you came in the right time. I owe you one.’ Danny’s heart spoke. “Thanks guys. Hey, how did the police knew we was there?” he asked. “Oh, after you left, we went to Lucy’s room and find the note that you’ve torn off. The police fixed it and we knew where were you went.” Explained Brad. “and for that we owe you guys our life. thanks my friends.” “No problem, mate. We’re friends right. That’s what friends do.” Said Jimmy.

A week later..
LUCY sat there. On the grass outside the Dojo. After the incident, she could not sleep well. So, she came to the Dojo to calm her mind. She just sat there. Stared at the sky, the moon and the stars. It was a full moon that night. It was so beautiful. Enough to calm her heart. Danny didn’t say anything about his feeling since their first talk was cut off by Eddy. She just waited until Danny admitted what he told her before he fainted. He was shocked by a pair of hands embraced her from behind. “Hey there, Lucy.” She knew the voice. She smiled. “What is it, Danny?” she said with an annoy voice. “What’s with that voice?” Danny sat next to her. “Nothing. Hey, I want to thank you for saving me back then. If you didn’t came, I think I would be dead by now.” “Don’t say such thing. I came to save you, and that’s what happen. I had promised myself that I will never let anything bad happen to you.” He said. Before Lucy could say anything, Danny embraced her one more time. But this time with so much love and care. “Lucy, I need to tell you something. And this time I’ll do it properly.” He said while Lucy was still in his embrace. He pulled out his embrace and hold Lucy’s face. “Lucy, I love you. I love you, Lucy. I love you…” lucy giggled. “What so funny?” he asked. “You are…” “What?” “You looked so cute saying that words.” Lucy giggled again. Danny bow down but Lucy raised his head up with her hands. “I love you too, Danny. With all my heart. I love you..” Danny grinned. Finally, she could saw Danny’s trademark grin. How she missed that grin. Danny embraced her once more. “I will always be there for you.. I promise..” “me too…”


~THE END~

sorry for the broken English..
I'd tried my best..

No comments:

Post a Comment